A study of students from different countries has confirmed that Irish people really drink more than other nationalities. In the University College Dublin survey, one in seven of the Irish students questioned admitted they downed at least two drinks a day. Students also drank more if they went to a same-sex school. The study surveyed 3,500 students at the college. Surprisingly family ...
Socialite Kim Kardashian's sister Kourtney has reportedly asked the new mother to be more careful with her lifestyle now. Kim, 32, gave birth to her and rapper Kanye West's daughter June 15. Kourtney, mother of son Mason, 12, and 11-month-old daughter Penelope, believes that Kim's life is not going to be the same now. "Kourtney has told Kim that she has no idea what she's in for as a mom," ...
The president of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) Dave Cameron has described a series of meetings he has been having with Caribbean prime ministers as "crucial" to the development of the sport in the region. Cameron's comments follow his latest round of meetings in which talks were held with St. Vincent and the Grenadines Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves in Kingstown and Prime Minister of ...
Increasingly research is revealing that not only lifestyle factors, but genetics also play an important role in determining an individual's susceptibility to obesity. Identifying the mutations that underlie the fraction of obese patients with monogenic obesity can help us to understand complex processes like metabolic rate, eating behavior, growth, and fat storage. In a new study, two ...
Brazil will not allow anti-government protests to mar the Confederations Cup being hosted here, Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo said. Rebelo said Monday that Brazil must show the world that it is a democratic country but also that it can guarantee the order needed to undertake such events, reports Xinhua. "We will not allow any of these protests to get in the way of the events we have committed to ...
Winds: From the SW at 1.0 MPH
Beyond the Sea
The nearly unavoidable first reaction to Kevin Spaceys Beyond the Sea, a musical biopic of pop crooner Bobby Darin, is that its little more than an ego project for its director/cowriter/producer/star. After all, with all the fascinating real-life subjects awaiting cinematic t ... ...
Henry Cavill has given fans a peek into the grilling fitness regime he undertook to transform his body from "Fat Cavill" to Man of Steel. He claimed that in order get into Superman shape he ate 5,000 calories and worked out for two and a half hours a day, News.com.au. reported. Cavill gives credit for his toned body to his trainer Mark ...
Curbs on the sale and possession of alcohol in 19 Queensland communities do target indigenous Australians, but do not breach international or Australian racial discrimination ...
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York City real estate company offered to buy the Empire State Building for $2 billion, a written offer showed, significantly below the skyscraper's appraisal price and about three weeks after investors in the iconic building approved a plan to take the tower public in a real-estate investment ...
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Journalist Michael Hastings, whose 2010 Rolling Stone magazine profile of the U.S. military chief in Afghanistan, Stanley McChrystal, led to the general being relieved of command, died on Tuesday in a car wreck in Los Angeles, his employer ...
#LS-100 ID is for Link Smart --> SPOILER ahead! Read on to find out whether Danielle Bradbery, Michelle Chamuel, or the Swon Brothers took home the season 4 win at the end of tonight’s finale — which featured performances by Cher, Christina Aguilera, Pitbull, Florida Georgia Line, Nelly, Bruno Mars, Bob Seger, Hunter Hayes, and OneRepublic. Whew! The winner ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This substantial hotel is easily accessed on Century Boulevarde. Driving in to the entrance area, the hotel main lobby greets ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Sacramento SunSacramento Sun | Sacramento News, Global & Business Updates
The Sacramento Sun is essentially a local Sacramento newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Sacramento, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Sacramento, California, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Sacramento Sun.
As a major immigration bill that would give over 11 million people, including some 260,000 Indians, living illegally in America a path to citizenship, it received a full endorsement from President Barack Obama.
"If you're serious about actually fixing the system, then this is the vehicle to do it," he said Tuesday at the White House, flanked by immigration reform supporters, hours before a strong Senate majority voted to open debate on it.
"If you're not serious about it, if you think that a broken system is the best America can do, then I guess it might make sense to try to block it," he said referring to the bill drafted by a bipartisan "gang of eight", four Democrats and four Republicans.
"But if you're actually serious and sincere about fixing a broken immigration system, this is the vehicle to do it," he said flanked among others by young undocumented students and the US Chamber of Commerce president and CEO, Tom Donohue.
"This bill isn't perfect, it's a compromise," Obama said. "And going forward, nobody is going to get everything they want. Not Democrats, not Republicans, not me. But this is a bill that's largely consistent with the principles that I and the people on this stage have laid out for common-sense reform. ...
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Serena Williams sparks outrage with drunk not virgin comments on US teenage rape victim
- US Names New Envoy to Africas Great Lakes
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
- Over 100 Chinese held for environmental pollution
- UNESCO inscribes East Rennell of Solomon Islands on list of world heritage in danger
- Prenatal exposure to chemical in plastic could lead to obesity
- Ex-UNESCO chief visits Cambodias World Heritage Preah Vihear temple
- For Some Arctic Birds Time of Day Is Irrelevant
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- Baffled Liverpool to tell Suarez to stop Madrid pronouncements and make transfer request
- EU shares rose ahead of the Federal Reserve decision
- U.S. Dollar higher against the yen of possible Fed move
- Congress kicks the can
- Russias family values experiment
- Morrison Evgeny Morozov Internet Cassandra
- Editorial Reading is fundamental
- Editorial Quit paying salary of SPD union president
- U.S. stocks open higher after subdued inflation data
- KC terrorist supported plan to bomb New York Stock Exchange FBI tells Congress
- Dow Jones industrial average gains more than 120 points
- Dow Busts Sixth Straight Triple-Digit Move Adds 138 Points Ahead of Fed
- Stocks post solid gains Tuesday
- Major General Finn appointed to top UN role in Jerusalem
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- Widespread anti-graft protests rock Brazil
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Gaddafi's son to stand trial in Libya in August
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sacramento Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ex-mobster tells of Bulger gangs killings
- Fast-moving grass fire threatens structures near Fairfield
- 2 possible Hepatitis A cases investigated in Sac County
- Mother charged with DUI in crash that killed son 12
- Grass fire spreads to Fairfield motel